Physical Education in Foundation 1 and 2 and Year 1 is provided by the class teacher, and in Year 2 to Year 6 by a specialist. The younger children use two gym rooms in the main school building and the older classes go to a gym on Chopinlaan and Sweelincklaan.
The younger children are expected to wear a vest, underpants and gym shoes, preferably without laces. The gym shoes stay in school. The older children need to wear gym clothes and gym shoes, which are brought to school in a gym bag. Year 5 and 6 are expected to bring a towel to school to enable them to shower after gym.
For all children we aim to develop:
- Motor skills through a variety of movement opportunities
- Pleasure in the movement lessons
- Optimal, intensive movement, as well as the development of creativity and inventiveness in their movements
- Learning to use materials and apparatus well
- Getting used to hygienic habits